Old 12-06-2014, 08:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Green potatoes

On 12/06/2014 3:43 PM, Todd wrote:
On 06/11/2014 09:48 PM, Fran Farmer wrote:

Can you be more specific. Which fats do you say should be grown?

Any kind that doesn't come from a test tube.

As for calories. Eat an avocado!

And how do you propose that anyone grows avacodoes in cereal producing
country?

Grow cows. I love to eat cows too. What a silly argument.

You can't grow Paleo beef in cereal country. Paleo beef is grass fed
beef.

Grass does not grow in sufficient quantities in cereal growing country
to feed beef. Beef that is raised in cereal growing country is all feed
lot, grain fed beef. Paleos don't eat grain fed beef because it's not
true to the Paleo way of eating.

And yes, it IS indeed a silly argument because you don't know what is
involved or the practicalities of what you are advocating.

And where is the fat coming form? Specifically.

Anywhere natural. Cows, avocados, coconuts, etc.. This isn't
rocket science.

Fluffy answer.

Jesus wept! Why on earth would you think David might have a Mexican
grocery store near him?

Hmmmmmm.. Maybe because he is from the Peoples Republic
of California. (I may have him mixed up with Higgs.)

You do have mixed him up with Higgs or with David Ross.

You don't know much about California or the United States.
Mexico is our neighbor.

LOL.

I've seen at least a thousand US TV shows dating from as far back as the
1950s where cowboys or Indians or Mexican banditos or Texan Ranchers or
outlaws or Mexican illegals or posses crossed the Rio Grande!

And of course I do know a bit about American literature. Perhaps you've
heard of Cormac MaCarthy's Border trilogy? I believe that at least one
movie arose from those wonderful books.

I assume you do know that these books were set in Mexico and Texas? The
Mexico that sits to the South of Texas, USA?

Nevada and California have little
Mexican Grocery stores all over the place. The rest of the
country in varying degrees too.

Gosh! I couldn't guess that from your comment that David might have a
Mexican grocery nearby or from the million US TV shows I've
seen........................

What do you say can replace grain? Be specific
and if you don't know then say so because platitudes don't cut it.

Do you ever go to a grocery store? Just look in the
produce section. Would you like a specific list of what
I eat?

By the way, I eat ZERO grains. They will first maim me then
kill me. And I am just fine.

Feed the grains and the rest of the plant to cows. I will eat
the cows!

Don't you know that Paleos are not supposed to eat grain fed beef?

Grain fed beef is a late 20th century invention. Paleolithic man never,
ever, fed beef with grain.