Old 12-06-2014, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Summer returns!

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 23:47:05 +0100, Sacha

On 2014-06-11 20:25:57 +0000, Vir Campestris said:

On 11/06/2014 13:09, sacha wrote:
but for how long, we wonder! We have read two absolutely opposing
forecasts in two different papers. It makes us wonder how many Met.
offices there are! Today is glorious - really hot and sunny and just as
it should be in June.

Saturday forecast: Dry all day Sunday.

It waited until I was mowing the lawn before it started. So I put it
away, and checked the forecast.

Rain all day Monday, showers Tuesday. So when it had stopped I finished
the lawn, even though it was damp.

Monday? Not a drop all day.

Andy

I do know it's not an exact science but I wish so much 'they' would
stop these idiotic forward by umpteen weeks forecasts. In reality,
'they' admit 5 days is a push. I'm beginning to think someone is
running a book at the Met office to see whose most ridiculous
pronouncement makes it into the media!

During the week leading up to last weekend, which was Whitsun, the forecast
were
for a wet weekend here. Despite which, we had a perfect Whitsun weekend. We
had
dramatic thunderstorms during Saturday night but otherwise it was hot and
sunny.
It still is. Harold Wilson shouldn't have messed around with holidays.
Whitsun
was almost always sunny in the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_IUPInEuc

We have wall to wall sunshine forecast for the foreseeable future but we
want this weather to go into July as we have a big Garden Party set up in
early July. We can, and have, held it indoors but it is much better off in
the gardens.

So if anybody is listening, nice and sunny please, but a few rainy nights to
keep the lawns green.

Mike

sig. to follow
Watch this space