Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Torsten Brinch

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:26:19 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In article , Torsten Brinch
writes
This is part of the same tune. You have convinced me beyond all possible
argument that British farmers were aware of the coming downturn in their
fortunes.

That's amazing, Tim, I haven't been trying to convince you of that.
I find it hard to believe that all British farmers were aware of the
coming downturn.

Hmm.. Well I'm pretty sure that I was and I don't claim to be in the
forefront of UK farming.

Well, on this thread Jim Webster claims that he wasn't aware of it,
just to name one.

The McSharry reforms were in error AIU and quickly adjusted in
subsequent years.

Meaning no comment on McSharry in either way , may I ask which errors
and adjustments you are referring to?

Our collective breath is held pending your suggestions as to how we
should have *fixed* things.

Why?

As part of an international exercise in sharing national
characteristics?

I am asking, why are you holding your collective breath?
(consider, what happened the last time Saxons offered
someone six feet plus of British soil and went out hiding
holding their breath.)