Old 12-06-2014, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Green potatoes

On 06/12/2014 07:27 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:
Sure, they could switch crops, but lacking a mandate why would they?
People like wheat. People will buy wheat. The farmers could switch
over to amaranth and probably get a good yield. And the market
will say, "What's this shit?" Then go to the next farmer and buy
wheat.

Hi Drew,

Excellent point. You are entirely correct.

I say let the market dictate what we buy. We
vote with our dollar for who we want to succeed.

As more and more of us get Diabetes, the demand
will shift. Your odds are now one out of six
you will get diabetes -- perhaps one out of three
in the near future.

Also, the diet industry has discovered that
carbs are what makes you fat. (You **** and
blow out excess keytones [fat]. They are use
or lose.)

So, the market will eventually do its magic. There
will be a lot of kicking and screaming though.

"Healthy carbs", my ass. You should see the crap
those scoundrel's at the American Diabetes Association
wants you to eat -- you'd be diabetic forever!

Carbs are so addictive that I know of one diabetic
man who killed himself rather than stop eating
them. He was eventually crippled to the point
were his wife had to give him his insulin
injections.

I know of another man who has lost both his legs, both
his kidneys (he is on the transplant list), has had
a major heart attack, is on oxygen, and who know what
else. He won't stop eating carbs.

Amaranth is still a grain by the way. Feed all the
the grain producing plants (the whole plant) to
cows. I will eat the cows.

I vote for good tasting produce and meat.

As long as freedom is allowed to prevail, the
market will provide what we demand. I see both
being around for a very long time. If you
are in the five out of six that won't get diabetes,
then by all means, have fun.

-T