Old 13-06-2014, 07:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Green potatoes

On 06/12/2014 08:00 PM, Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
Todd writes:

Googling that is like googling the word "it".

Thank you for at least admitting that you do not know anything.

Tons
of hits on how to grow wheat, including in your own
back yard. Not to waste too much time on it, I found
various links. They are not real good, so I wouldn't
spend too much time on them, if at all:

If you need google, then you are just talking out your ass.

I was looking for links I could share. But I guess the reference
things is not what you do.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/does-...n-non-celiacs/

You have an interesting tendency to post links to one or two sites,
and nothing else. Sounds like a "cult of personality" more with
each iteration.

There was nothing that I could have written that
would have been good enough for you. You make
fun of what you don't like or don't agree with.

You grow what you can sell. So, I have to disagree
to an extent. There are obvious limitations of
what you can grow where. But very few soils can
only grow one thing. There is no such thing as
soil that can only grow wheat.

You have been asked what else to grow.

You avoid answering.

I answered several times. I gave some links. You
did not like what I answered, so you accused me of
not answering. Interesting debate technique.

By the way, I asked, and that variety of corn is not available
in the United States.

Asked who? Which variety?

I researched it months ago. I came up with the type of corn
they wanted to switch to and called a few seed companies.

And yet, you cannot come up with a name to report.

You, sir (if I have the gender correct) are a liar.

You are not a gentleman. You call me a liar because I
gave you my best recall. This is your problem, not
mine.

By the way, it wasn't that hard to re-locate. It
is "'IPB Var 6' white corn".

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/white-corn...061008950.html

Opps, a link I used Google to find. Must have pulled it
out my ass!

Maybe it is now sold in the USA. Maybe I did not ask for it
correctly when I called around. I have forgotten. I am not
looking it up for you. Do your own homework.

I know you don't like links, but the link also stated that
it produced:

Based on the national corn testing, the IPB Var 6 yields
an average of 5.84 metric tons (MT) per hectare in Luzon;
in Visayas, 5.45 MT per hectare, and in Mindanao, 4.47 MT
per hectare.

I have no idea how to compare that to either the rice that
it replaced or to wheat. Maybe others with more knowledge
on the subject could chime in. It sounds like a pretty good
yield to me.

I think Burpee was one, but I don't recall.

Again, it is entertaining that an anti-GMO "person" would be dealing
with Burpee.

You are really getting nit-picky.

My local grocery store has slot machines, tobacco,
alcohol, conventional meat and produce. Tons and
tons of carbs too. It even has, OMG! *Fat people*
walking the isles!

Guess what, I still shop there. I "avoid" that stuff.
(Not the fat people. I am not a Fat Bigot. Folks is
folks. )

Same with Burpee. I buy the non-gmo. And I can get
heirloom seeds from them too. Plus they are nice on
the phone.

Here in Nevada we have both Whore Houses and Harry
Reid (no he doesn't own one). I still live here.
I avoid the Whore Houses and delight in voting against
Harry every time I can. Under your logic, where would
you have me move? (I refuse to move to the People's
Republic of California.)

Talked to some
very nice people. Sorry for the lack of information. If
you are interesting in growing the stuff, I am sure you
could probably figure it out too.

I am, or was, interested in whether your claims were pulled out of
your ass.

You have confirmed that they were.

No I didn't. That is just your knee jerking. You did not
like what I said. So, you decided to insult me.

David was correct. You aren't worth the bits to send replies.

I had hoped you had details, rather than being a windbag with
assertions (and conspiracies) but no substance.

No detail would have been good enough for you. Rude too. There
was lots of substance. You just did not like it, so you insulted
me. Too much work for you to go over what I said and state
what you did not like about it. So you name called. You are
not a gentleman.

Much like the political party that I disagree with -- I keep hoping
for a gadfly with substantial claims, to keep my side in-line. But
all I ever get is hand-waving and vacuous claims -- just like you.

Oh brother. Aren't use to being disagreed with or debated, are you?
You just name call.

Burpee's sweet corns taste like candy they are so sweet.
I mean the ones I grew years ago were so, so sweet!
I think most of Burpee's emphasis is on those varieties
(Diabetes be damned).

-T

As far as the world starving, how about we stop subsidizing
corn alcohol and let the farmers go back to growing food.
Hell, they might even grow wheat on that land! And give
a bunch of cattle ulcers and humans diabetes! Maybe we
could even blame the ulcers on the cows being fat and lazy!