Old 13-06-2014, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Summer returns!

On 2014-06-11 20:25:57 +0000, Vir Campestris said:

On 11/06/2014 13:09, sacha wrote:
but for how long, we wonder! We have read two absolutely opposing
forecasts in two different papers. It makes us wonder how many Met.
offices there are! Today is glorious - really hot and sunny and just as
it should be in June.

Saturday forecast: Dry all day Sunday.

It waited until I was mowing the lawn before it started. So I put it
away, and checked the forecast.

Rain all day Monday, showers Tuesday. So when it had stopped I
finished the lawn, even though it was damp.

Monday? Not a drop all day.

Andy

I do know it's not an exact science but I wish so much 'they' would stop
these idiotic forward by umpteen weeks forecasts. In reality, 'they'
admit 5 days is a push. I'm beginning to think someone is running a
book at the Met office to see whose most ridiculous pronouncement makes
it into the media!

"They" said it would be sunny and hot and they were right, but I know that
Summer is here now as this afternoon I had 6 horseflys that were aiming to
feed off me.

They were right today and I hope they'll be right for a long time. I
just wish they'd both agree AND stop telling us they know what's going
to happen for the next 6 or 8 weeks!

Told you we were in for a scorcher of a Summer didn't I?

Mike

sig. to follow
Watch this space