Old 13-06-2014, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default 3rd time charm ?

wrote:
On Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:18:07 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
Well , maybe this time my anaheim chilli peppers will actually
germinate .

Twice before I've planted , and twice planting has been followed by

unseasonably cold and wet weather . Everything else is doing well ,
but I

really wanted the anaheims this year . Here's hopin' .

--

Snag

I have has the same problem with Habanaro's
MJ

I have read that a lot of the peppers like the soil warm before they'll
sprout . I should have started these back in Feb like everything else , but
it was a late-breaking decision to grow them . Well , the WeatherChick on ch
11 Little Rock has just informed us that next week is going to be a lot
warmer with lots of sunshine , so maybe this time .
Everything else is growing very well , got leetle baby 'maters on a couple
of plants , been eating salads from the garden for a couple or three weeks
now , and the green beans have shot up over the top of the cages they share
with tomatoes .
And the strawberries are goin' nuts putting out runners now . If this goes
well next spring I'll have a very nice berry patch indeed . Makes me glad I
controlled my urge to let them fruit the first time they bloomed !
--
Snag