Old 13-06-2014, 11:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
bette bette is offline

Default English Ivy, training to grow on Smooth Vinyl Fence

replying to Cori, bette wrote:
cmashieldscapting wrote:

For that matter, rather than trying to attach something to the fence
and attach string to that, perhaps I could attach small suction cups
directly to the fence and tie the ends of the creepers to the suction
cups. The suction cups are clear and wouldn't be unsightly like
string, or leave the kind of mess of sticking tape directly to the
fence--I wouldn't have to keep worrying how long can the tape stay on
and how will I remove any residue from leaving it too long. After one
creeper attaches, the suction cup could be removed and used to train
another creeper until they are all growing well enough. If anyone
knows anything about the tape, though, please post anyway in case the
suction cup idea doesn't work. Thanks.
Cori

I'm just starting to deal with the vinyl fence problem Did the ivy ever
fasten itself to your fence?