Old 14-06-2014, 04:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
bluechick bluechick is offline

Default wild winds

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:31:29 -0400, songbird
wrote:

a few days ago, could have been a tornado
skipping over, but others just say strong
winds, all i know is that it's not every
day you look out and realize the neighbor's
garage is gone. i've been through times
where the house was shaking before from
strong winds, but this time it was just wind
and rain from all directions at once (and a
calm eye for a moment), but no pressure change
so we were either off to one side or it didn't
form up until it was further north of us.

Gah! I know the feeling. We had a "microburst" here that took out at
least 7 trees, 5 of which were very large white oaks. We cut up the
single tree that was in the backyard and split it for firewood and
will try to work on the others on the front of the property tomorrow.
We thought there were 3 trees in the front but after we actually got
to them, we found that there were 4 trees downed and they took out at
least 2 surrounding trees. Who knows what we'll find when we start
cutting them up tomorrow.

I love trees until the wind gets wild. Then I get scared watching
them whip back and forth. I don't blame you for getting rid of trees
nearby. Thank goodness you and your house were spared.