Old 14-06-2014, 11:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Friday the 13th!

On 14/06/2014 1:59 PM, bluechick wrote:
Well, the "13th" started on the 11th and just.got.better. :-/

:-)) Well thankfully for me, yesterday (which was the 13th in this part
of the world) went well for me. I had booked in for a cancer checkup
before noticing that the test was going to be on Friday the 13th. I'm
not particularly superstitious but most people who had the sort of
cancer history that I do, would have had second thoughts about
proceeding on such a day. Thankfully, I got a clear report.

Phones for about half our street went out on the 11th and weren't
restored until this afternoon. Then, the power went out suddenly this
morning even though a minor storm that blew in had been over and done
for hours. Seems our local power co had a lovely planned outage. If
they'd tried to call to warn us we wouldn't have known. If it was
anything like the last "upgrade" they didn't warn anyone anyway.
*grump*

So, it wasn't raining and the temperature was in the upper 70s with
humidity at only 2000% or thereabouts. So, DH and I decided to check
out the garden and see what was ready to harvest. Lo and behold the
Cubanelle peppers I put in the bed affected by Mysterious Pepper Wilt
had gone crazy. Not only were they not wilted, they had each produced
a large pepper so I picked all three. I have plans for them.

What are you going to do with them?