Old 14-06-2014, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardeners World

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 08:19:19 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

What was interesting was the amount of effort that goes into each
program, they were here for 10 hours for just 6 mins of intended slot.

That's a pretty good "shooting ratio". Soaps on location will do
about 10 mins/day, studio 20+ (that really is a sausage factory),
period drama is about 1 min/day, features even less than that.

(and so many takes were done I honestly have no idea what the end result
will be like other than embarrassing)

How many (main) cameras? If there is only one every different angle
needs a new set up, Not watched Gardeners World for a long time do
they still demo stuff or is it all arty farty "make over"/"design"?
Demo's really need two cameras one wideish the other following the
action. If you only have one camera you really have to do the demo at
least twice and that path can quickly lead into continuity error
hell.

Makes mental note to watch 20th June edition.

--
Dave Liquorice MIPS
Broadcast Sound Engineer