Old 15-06-2014, 07:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Green potatoes

On 06/14/2014 09:49 PM, josephkk wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 13:14:23 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 06/12/2014 07:27 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:
Sure, they could switch crops, but lacking a mandate why would they?
People like wheat. People will buy wheat. The farmers could switch
over to amaranth and probably get a good yield. And the market
will say, "What's this shit?" Then go to the next farmer and buy
wheat.

Hi Drew,

Excellent point. You are entirely correct.

I say let the market dictate what we buy. We
vote with our dollar for who we want to succeed.

Market?

The free and open exchange of good and services
between consenting parties

As more and more of us get Diabetes, the demand
will shift. Your odds are now one out of six
you will get diabetes -- perhaps one out of three
in the near future.

Also, the diet industry has discovered that
carbs are what makes you fat. (You **** and
blow out excess keytones [fat]. They are use
or lose.)

Nonsense.

All vertebrates store excess food as FAT (hydrocarbon chains).

True.

Including intake of fats.

Not necessarily. The diet industry has caught on
to this, which is way all the low carb diets (south
beach, akins, etc.). (I almost said South Park. Chuckle)

It is called the Krebs or citric acid cycle. What you
don't use, you pee or blow off. You smell like
a fruit salad -- smell pretty good too (I did).

By the way, you can eat zero carbs and still have
high blood sugar. (My overly friendly liver keeps
me in more blood sugar than I care for. Makes
it from fat.) That is probably where the fat comes
from that you are thinking about. All it takes is a
little bit of stress and up your blood sugar goes
(your liver thinks you are running for your life).

So, the market will eventually do its magic. There
will be a lot of kicking and screaming though.

There has to be a market for this to happen.

True. Enough folks get Celiac or T2 Diabetes, and
one will develop. I have no trouble finding food
I can eat.

"Healthy carbs", my ass. You should see the crap
those scoundrel's at the American Diabetes Association
wants you to eat -- you'd be diabetic forever!

Carbs are so addictive that I know of one diabetic
man who killed himself rather than stop eating
them. He was eventually crippled to the point
were his wife had to give him his insulin
injections.

Ummm. They are in the business of selling insulin?

You mean the ADA? If so, no. They are in the business of
selling services for diabetics. The condition goes away,
they go away. They always have their hands outstretched for
money too. They have a self interest in treating, not curing.

The Allopathic community also has a self interest in treat
not curing. Another word for Diabetic is "cash cow".

If you go to http://www.diabetes-warrior.net, you can get
everything you need to know about healing yourself. This
information was withheld from me. "Here, take these drugs".

My opinion, every Diabetic drug will eventually end its
life cycle in a class action suit. I will love it when I
get my letter on Metformin. Hate the s***. I will sign
up for that suit, even if I only get $2.00 out of it.

I know of another man who has lost both his legs, both
his kidneys (he is on the transplant list), has had
a major heart attack, is on oxygen, and who know what
else. He won't stop eating carbs.

OK so what else is there to eat? Fiber? Rocks? Meat? All have their
drawbacks.

Natural things (no test tube food). Here is a really
good description:

http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/a-me...itional-chart/

In this order: proteins, eggs, cheese, fats, oils, fibrous
veggies, nuts, fibrous fruits.

In other words, don't eat anything that has been artificially
hybridized for carbs. And, you have to cook it yourself.
Remember when Grandma use to cook up a bunch of food for
the week and stuff it in the freezer? Well, that is your new
fast food. (She didn't have a microwave.)

And, you can eat a hamburger out. In-and-out have a "protein
style" burger (no bread) that you can get with mustard
instead of spread. I go for triples and quads. They
are really good. (Bear in mind I can now taste my food again.)

In order: 1) grow it or catch it yourself, 2) local organic
farms, 3) production organic farms, 4) conventional.
Just approximate; don't obsess.

The grow it yourself thing is why I am trying to learn
to garden.

Amaranth is still a grain by the way. Feed all the
the grain producing plants (the whole plant) to
cows. I will eat the cows.

I prefer grass fed thank you, it is their natural food.

1+

Grain fed gives them ulcers. We are not support to eat
sick animals. That is what vultures and ants are for.

By the way, wheat is a grass. Feed the whole plant
to the cows and you have grass fed. Even better yet,
feed the grains to chickens and the stocks to cows.
I will eat them both! Bring on the rosemary!

When I first got T2, I fretted that I would not have
anything left I could eat. I learned that was definitely
not the case. I set out to teach myself to cook. I
now eat more variety and better food now than I have ever
eaten in my life. One of the things I had to get past
was trying to duplicate the high carbs things I use to
like.

Here is the thing about cooking and carbs. Carbs
have little or not taste and are simply carriers for
other flavors. Once you get past that, it starts getting
easy. Well, when you stop burning butter, eggplant,
eggs. Of goodness gracious, eggplant STINKS up the
house when you burn it! (Rosemary goes really great
on chicken, by the way.)

And, from comments I have read on the Paleo
cooking group, when you switch kids over to Paleo,
they hardly even notice. The food is really good!

-T