Old 15-06-2014, 07:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Green potatoes

On 06/14/2014 10:50 PM, josephkk wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:23:54 -0700, Todd wrote:

I hate lamb from the supermarket. I wonder if I would
like his. He said he couldn't keep up with demand.
Which is what happens when food tastes good.

-T

Sounds like you have never had any of the good stuff. My local
supermarkets have good lamb. I like goat and venison and feral pig as
well.

?-)

Hi Josephkk,

I think you are correct. I can smell the scat (polite
farmer talk for livestock s***) on the pork I get
from the supermarket. Dry as hell too. Really gross.

Saw a documentary on a guy who raises organic apples
(way to high carb for me). He runs pigs through the
orchard to dispose of all the fallen apples. Plows
the scat under for fertilizer. The full circle thing.
He has a waiting line for his pork. I want some of
that pork!

Goodness gracious, I wonder what they are doing to
the lamb at the supermarket? YUK! tastes like a cross
between pork and venison.

If we ever get a Whole Food or similar down here I will
get more adventurous!

I don't know if you have seen my other rantings, but I
think that people don't like produce because it tastes
like scat (polite Todd Speak for "crap"). They need to
try some home grown or local grown. I have to discipline
myself to stop eating the stuff!

-T