Old 15-06-2014, 07:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Friday the 13th!

On 14/06/2014 11:27 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, June 14, 2014 6:51:58 AM UTC-4, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 14/06/2014 1:59 PM, bluechick wrote:

Well, the "13th" started on the 11th and just.got.better. :-/

:-)) Well thankfully for me, yesterday (which was the 13th in this part

of the world) went well for me. I had booked in for a cancer checkup

before noticing that the test was going to be on Friday the 13th. I'm

not particularly superstitious but most people who had the sort of

cancer history that I do, would have had second thoughts about

proceeding on such a day. Thankfully, I got a clear report.

So happy for that. Continued best wishes !!!

Thank you. I've only got one more cancer to be get a full 5 years clear
reports on and then I can count myself as being fully clear.

Phones for about half our street went out on the 11th and weren't

restored until this afternoon. Then, the power went out suddenly this

morning even though a minor storm that blew in had been over and done

for hours. Seems our local power co had a lovely planned outage. If

they'd tried to call to warn us we wouldn't have known. If it was

anything like the last "upgrade" they didn't warn anyone anyway.

*grump*

So, it wasn't raining and the temperature was in the upper 70s with

humidity at only 2000% or thereabouts. So, DH and I decided to check

out the garden and see what was ready to harvest. Lo and behold the

Cubanelle peppers I put in the bed affected by Mysterious Pepper Wilt

had gone crazy. Not only were they not wilted, they had each produced

a large pepper so I picked all three. I have plans for them.

What are you going to do with them?

I want to know too !!!!??

:-)) I think she was putting out a bait so we'd ask......