Old 16-06-2014, 03:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Friday the 13th!

On 16/06/2014 2:42 AM, bluechick wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 16:36:47 +1000, Fran Farmer
wrote:

On 15/06/2014 7:28 AM, bluechick wrote:

(recipe snipped)

(It's a tasty dish, wonderful when using fresh stuff from the garden.
I keep meaning to try it with a pork tenderloin instead of chicken.)

Oooooh! That does sound lovely. But a questions...

What part of the chook is a chicken cutlet?

It's a cut I never buy because it's easy to make it without paying a
butcher to slice a chicken breast in half. Basically, take a boneless
chicken breast and cut it in half lengthwise into two thin pieces.

Ah! Now I understand. We'd just call it a half of a breast.

Or,
you can pound a boneless breast until it's very thin but I think
slicing it is easier and it's easier to cook, imo.

Yep. I agree.

I should have put that in my additions to the recipe since I never buy
"cutlets". Sorry for the confusion.

No problemo.

I've become reasonably good at understanding USian but some of your
terms still evade me. I've recently discovered what Graham flour is but
every time I read that a recipe requires 'a stick of butter' I have to
go off and find out what that mean in terms of the weight of the butter.
Numbers and I aren't naturally good friends......