Old 16-06-2014, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Trivia: Slug Pellets

David Hill wrote:

I always broadcast the pellets and aim for about 9 or 10 ft ahead, that
way they spread out well.

There does seem to be a really heavy infestation this year. I use
organic pellets, but there are still plenty of survivors.

Copper rings seem to have some effect, but the copper tape on
pots only partially.

Yesterday I was watching some slugs climbing a terracotta pot
veer away from the tape, but my glee was short-lived when another
went steaming straight across it.

I tried the wool pellets in a few places (not cheap is it?) but I
can now see slug trails over them, so looks like that is not the
answer.

I tried nematodes last year, but I was not convinced. Having most
of the garden mulched makes that a bad idea, and renewing the
treatment all season would have been quite costly.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.