Old 16-06-2014, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Tomato plants in soil or pots ?

In article , planet1919
@mail.invalid says...

Novice has some tomato plants about 18 inches high (not the cherry type)
in pots.

We have just bought one of those plastic greenhouses. Would the tomatoes
be *happier* in the pots placed in the greenhouse or would they be
happier actually planted in the soil inside the greenhouse? Thanks

At that size, given that they've probably got flowers
developing, I would leave them in their pots - assuming they
are good size 12"+ pots.

Using the border in the greenhouse can be a problem, depending
on the state of the soil. I usually use growbags - 3 plants per
bag, in the greenhouse. But careful you do not overwater!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales