Old 16-06-2014, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Tomato plants in soil or pots ?

On 16/06/2014 13:35, john west wrote:
Novice has some tomato plants about 18 inches high (not the cherry type)
in pots.

We have just bought one of those plastic greenhouses. Would the tomatoes
be *happier* in the pots placed in the greenhouse or would they be
happier actually planted in the soil inside the greenhouse? Thanks

I grow toms on my plot.....heavy clay soil...and also in 12" pots at
home. Pot grown always give a better crop. Those in pots get a drowning
every day with no ill effects. Compost drys out V quickly.

--
Pete C
adventure before dementia