Old 17-06-2014, 02:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
bluechick bluechick is offline

Default Blueberries

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:40:06 +1000, Fran Farmer
wrote:

Thank you one and all for your responses. I might have got some of my
planting right. In about mid summer, I began by planting in an area
where we removed 8 huge old pine trees a couple of years ago. The
unplanted remainder live in the nursery for potted plants that are
waiting to be planted.

It's well drained where I planted then and they get full sun until later
afternoon as it's in the highest corner of my veg area and I've actually
managed to be better at watering the ones I have planted by putting a
sprinkler on them once a week. I'll check out the Uni web sites and
bookmark them until growth starts here again come Spring.

That sounds like an ideal site, Fran. Ya done good. How many
blueberry bushes do you have in all?

Thanks again.

Good luck! You'll have more blueberries than you know what to do with
in no time at all. I was amazed at how quickly our bushes bounced
back from being transplanted. Yours will too, I'm sure.