Old 17-06-2014, 04:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default wild winds

bluechick wrote:
I hope you have better luck than we've had, trying to get people to
pick. I hate to have fruit rot on the plant or go 100% to the birds
and bugs. Seems wasteful, but one can only pick and process so much
before it gets to be too big an ordeal.

so far nobody has arrived, but perhaps this
week... i'm still out picking fresh berries
for us to eat every day i can get outside.

i know what you mean though, so few people
actually will do anything these days that
involves much effort. when they get hungry
enough they'll have to figure it out.

later this year i'll probably turn under
half of what is in these patches, i sure
don't need this many plants and the soil
will appreciate the organic matter. in spots
some of them are getting rather weedy so that
is how to deal with that in a pretty time
efficient manner.

songbird