Old 17-06-2014, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default wild winds

George Shirley wrote:
Curious minds and all that songbird, why make freezer jam? I just don't
have enough freezer place to store jams and jellies so I boiling water
bath can them. Not finding fault, just curious.

4 cups of sugar instead of 7 per batch and a
better overall flavor (not cooking it leaves a
lot more of the strawberry complexity intact).

we don't have much freezer space either and i
understand the conundrum, but for the strawberry
jam supply for the next year we do have that
space.

i've already given away most of the jam that
didn't quite set right.

songbird