Old 17-06-2014, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Homebrew glyphosate gel?

On 17/06/2014 10:55, Tim Watts wrote:
Time to spot weed my lawn to get rid a few big ugly weeds.

I have an industrial quantity of concentrated (not farmers superconc,
the next one down) generic glyphosate.

Any suggestions what would be a good admix to make it more like a gel to
paint on the leaves?

Washing up liquid/bubble bath comes to mind - but I just wondered if
anyone else has tried this...

Cheers

Tim

I make a very weak solution of wallpaper past into which I mid
Laboratory grave methaldahyde powder as a slug killer, this I squirt out
from a washing up liquid bottle to give me lines of methaldehyde which
isn't removed by rain.
I would think the same weak solution with glyphosate would work as a
spot weed killer, it has to be thin enough to run down the foliage you
spot treat.