Old 17-06-2014, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter & Jeanne Peter & Jeanne is offline

Default Homebrew glyphosate gel?

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

I make a very weak solution of wallpaper past into which I mid Laboratory
grave methaldahyde powder as a slug killer, this I squirt out from a
washing up liquid bottle to give me lines of methaldehyde which isn't
removed by rain.
I would think the same weak solution with glyphosate would work as a spot
weed killer, it has to be thin enough to run down the foliage you spot
treat.

I use strongish glyc - just carefully applied with an artists soft brush.
Trouble with the gel method - it hangs around
getting to places where it is not wanted and the penetration is not very
good either.The paint brush technique also good on freshly reduced stems of
remaining stuff to be killed.

Pete