Old 17-06-2014, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Homebrew glyphosate gel?

On 17/06/14 18:45, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 17/06/2014 17:36, Tim Watts wrote:

My bottle is probably several times more
concentrated than the average garden centre stuff

Probably not. According to Wikipedia, the strongest available solution
contains 68% glyphosate (eg Bayer Super Strength Glyphosate, which is a
soluble granule). You can buy a 36% solution of glyphosate for garden
use in any garden centre.

I must check.

I nearly bought farmer's grade but it would have been a pain to dilute
and would have lasted me about 50 years.

I got the next strength down, 1 litre, that was rated as official OK for
domestic use and contained a little inbuilt measuring thingy.

Perhaps it isn't any stronger but it was a lot less per litre for sure.

Still going to last me a very long time