Old 17-06-2014, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default OT spatula

"Nick Maclaren" wrote

David Hill wrote:
The old spatula I've used for years when frying has at last given up the
ghost.
Trying to find a new one on line all I could find was a picture on
Google with the caption "Antique cooking implement"
Makes me feel old.
David @ a warm and bright side of Swansea Bay
PS I don't like the "plastic things.

Get some thin hardwood, and cut and sand it to shape. I used
utile, because it was easy to get. Avoid iroko, because it
taints.

You can find bamboo spatula at Chinese and oriental stores and elsewhere.

On Nicks theme of DIY..........
http://jeffpeachey.com/tag/bamboo-spatulas/

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.