Old 18-06-2014, 04:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
bluechick bluechick is offline

Default wild winds

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:09:32 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

To bad you're not nearby, we love picking FREE fruit. Around here we
have to go to a berry farm and pay to pick, still cheaper than
supermarket prices. We miss all the nice people in Louisiana who allowed
us to pick muscadines, pears, persimmons, oranges, grapefruit, and other
fruits for free. They got rewarded with jellies, jams, and multiple
goodies for their generosity. We will probably go back there this fall
and pick a hundred lbs of canning pears and stay with friends while we
do it. Nice folks those Cajuns.

George

I wish you were close by too. You would be welcomed with open arms.
I'd even shove a basket at you so you'd have something to carry the
blackberries in.

Giving them jellies and jams is a nice payback. I hope you get to
pick tons of fruit this fall and visit with old friends. Have you
been back since you moved to Texas?