Old 18-06-2014, 04:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Friday the 13th!

In article
"David Hare-Scott" writes:

But this is more accurate than the way I cook where except for
bread and baking nothing is measured. My daughters ask me for
recipes that I don't have so it has been known for one to follow
me around the kitchen writing it down as I do it.

Several years ago, someone (probably her daughter) asked my wife
for he pumpkin pie recipe. But she didn't know. So the following
Thanksgiving, she kept notes, tick marks in some unit (probably
teaspoons) of spices iteratively added until "right."

The final listing might send pumpkin companies running away in fear,
but it makes a tasty pie. And neglected leftovers have sometimes
been in the garage fridge for about 6 months with only signs of
drying, none of spoiling.

In previous lives, I cooked turkey and made pumpkin pie. Since
marrying, I am not allowed to consider either. And given the results
my wife delivers on both, I'm cool with that.

--
Drew Lawson | What you own is your own kingdom