Old 18-06-2014, 02:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default wild winds

On 6/17/2014 10:08 PM, bluechick wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:04:00 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

Some years ago my daughter, seeing me rub my back from stoop picking,
bought me an Ames Garden Buddy. It is a little plastic wagon for hauling
and the handle folds down into a nice seat. I put it alongside the
raised beds (used to just put it between the rows in the in ground
garden) and scoot it along with my feet while I pick, pull weeds, or
just generally mess with the garden. Really helps with a bad back. I
have also seen one that is basically a tractor seat on four wheels,
haven't tried that one.

My husband has something similar and loves it. He scoots all over the
place. Ran over my foot with that thing too!

The Garden Buddy lives on the back porch close to the garden. May have
to get one for my Lady Wife as she keeps swiping mine.

George, who picked a peck of peppers yesterday and today.

You and songbird have been busier than the rest of us put together.

Our garden does weird things, one day there is a tiny zucchini, two days
later it weighs over two lbs and is still seedless. Harvested and
shredded half of that one for zuke bread and casseroles. The other half
will get cooked into a casserole today. Same with Ichiban eggplant,
maybe three inches long today, eight to ten inches long tomorrow. I
guess it our watering cycle that pumps them up. I'm still waiting for
the Hopi lima beans to fill up, anxious to try them, may end up drying a
bunch and put them in a big jar for winter beans and cornbread or beans
and rice. Staples here in the souf'.