Old 18-06-2014, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
news news is offline

Default Trivia: Slug Pellets

On 18/06/2014 11:33, S Viemeister wrote:
On 6/18/2014 3:33 AM, Martin wrote:

If you put saucers of beer out for the slugs, the slugs die in the beer.

Years ago, we had a major slug problem - I bought cheap disposable pie
tins and the cheapest beer I could find. It worked amazingly well.
And the local birds seemed to appreciate the marinated slugs.

For some reason, my mind saw that as 'cheap disposable tie pins' - and I
spent half a minute trying to work out what possible part they had to
play in slug hunting.

--
regards andy