Old 26-04-2003, 12:26 PM

Default Greed driving plant science

Oz wrote:

writes

Oz wrote:
There you go. However pigs with human immune systems are under
development for organ transplants. I would presume in the UK (as in the
UK) this is tightly controlled.

jajajaja. very funny!
You did not learn anything from the mad cow diseas fiasco didn't you?

The world learned more from things like growth hormone and plasma
transmissions of human CJD. It's inconceivable that this will not be
checked for. However if you have a choice aged 70, of dying in six
months or getting a pig heart transplant and dying in 30 years from a
TE, I know which I would choose.

I trust you would choose death in six months.

If there is the strong posibility that the pig organ might carry viruses
that are going to jump the species barrier and infect the human race, and
in exchange I can get a few months of the worse quality of life, what do
you think I can do for my kids? Don't forget, we all die. Learn to live
with that!

But I'll bet you wouldn;t.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.