Old 18-06-2014, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Removing cherry trees

"P. Alves" wrote
I have two 12 years old cherry trees (+- 3 meters tall) that I am thinking
on replacing. In these 12 years, I think I have eaten in total maybe 10
cherries

My idea is to replace them with other fruit trees, but I am wondering how
hard will be to remove them. Are the roots deep? If I decide to remove
them, can I plant other trees in the same spot?

Thanks in advance.

Why no fruit? Do you have late frosts every year where you are or do you not
cover the trees with netting to stop the birds eating the fruit.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.