Old 26-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Jim Webster

Default Greed driving plant science

wrote in message

Jim Webster wrote:

wrote in message
A Fiat shares a lot of physical characteristics with a Lamborgini.
You don't care, I say that there is some difference.
Humans share lots of genes with the mouse. We share ~99% of the

genes.
However, religious and ethical believes of many people might tell
them that is not the same to eat rat, pig, human or chicken.

ethics are not necessarily rational, and often have no relationship

the real world.

In the real world people eat human meat?

have done since since we came down from the trees in one part of the
world or another. Read any account of the siege of Leningrad.

Enron, Global Crossing, et al are a rational way to make business?
Child abuse by priests is the way to go in the real world?

exactly, I think priests should be banned from making decisions on plant
science.

I think one thing is people not behaving ethically, another is to make
unethical behavior the accepted norm.

so you believe that women have no souls and are therefore not people,
because that is the ethical norm in some places.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'