Old 19-06-2014, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Dendrobiums

On 17/06/2014 21:16, David Hill wrote:
Last week in Tesco I came across this Dendrobium, a change from all the
white they have been selling
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps90a8a6fb.jpg

At £8.00 I had to have it especially when I saw the base
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps9976299c.jpg

It has 7 new stems growing away well.
Well how could I leave it to the mercy of Tesco?
All my dendrobiums are throwing new shoots, and a few of my other
orchids are throwing new flower stems.
I know they say dendrobiums like to be pot bound, but instinct tells me
that with that many new shoots it should be repotted up a size or two,
it's in a 4inch pot at present.
David @ a warm and bright side of Swansea Bay

That's lovely, David, and very good of you to rescue it. Debdrobiums
always die on me, sometimes it just takes a bit longer, but the effect
is the same :~(. Hope yours does well for you.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London