Old 20-06-2014, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Aldi

On 2014-06-20 11:28:16 +0000, David Hill said:

The legislation was an attempt to control salmonella. There are exceptions for
very small businesses.

It's still a ridiculous way to do it, imo. Either way we could be
passing salmonella around, had that been an issue with our hens.
Whether we give it to people in cakes or sell it to them in boxes seems
immaterial

I assume that Food Standards Agency inspectors regularly check that
your kitchen
is clean. Regulations like the ones governing eggs are an attempt to
ensure that
the food is too

As we are off the original topic I'll move a bit further away.
I hard boiled a couple of Brown eggs the night before last, when I took
them out of the water to shell them a lot of the brown colour on the
shell rubbed off to leave very pale shells, but not white.
I wondered is this is normal, it's not something I've noticed before.

Never seen that. I hope they hadn't dipped them in cold tea! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com