Old 20-06-2014, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andrew May Andrew May is offline

Default Aldi

On 2014-06-20 10:01:57 +0000, Martin said:

I assume that Food Standards Agency inspectors regularly check that
your kitchen
is clean. Regulations like the ones governing eggs are an attempt to
ensure that
the food is too

They run a check every year and can make spot-checks 20 times a year if
they want to. You never know when they're coming, nor should you. They
are, of course, interested in cleanliness and hygiene of the
establishment. But one inspector who came about 4 years ago was
completely unaware that he hadn't seen the largest area in which the
public sit! It was only when I offered him cake to go with his coffee
while he wrote his report, that he said "oh I didn't realise this room
was here". He was sitting right beside the entrance! But the chief
interest is indeed in food hygiene practice, fridge temps etc. I
understand entirely the reasons for the regs re eggs but to be able to
sell them on the Tea Room counter but not use them in the Tea Room
kitchen is simply silly! However, it's just not worth flouting the
rules because if one does and is found out, it would probably mean
instant closure. As it is, we keep our local milkman happy by buying
vast quantities of milk and dozens of trays of free range eggs from him
all season! ;-)

I assume that there is some regulation that prevents you selling your
eggs to the milkman and then buying them back from him.