Old 21-06-2014, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Charlie & Liz on telly!

On 2014-06-20 20:11:27 +0000, Martin Brown said:

On 20/06/2014 15:48, sacha wrote:

Don't forget Charlie & Liz Pridham of Roseland House Nursery will be on
Gardener's World tonight! From the GW web site "Carol Klein is in
Cornwall meeting a couple that grow a huge range of gloriously scented
honeysuckles from all over the world. She compares our native varieties
with the Mediterranean and American hybrids, and learns which of them
are most suited to our own gardens."

Yes. I noticed that too. Why didn't they warn us it was on tonight!

Who? The Beeb or Charlie & Liz? Charlie mentioned it a little while
ago. It was a lovely wander through their garden and collection of
honeysuckles. The scent almost jumped off the screen! And we were
delighted to see Monte Dog! ;-)

Wouldn't it be lovely if someone does manage to breed a scented version
of one of those deep orange ones. I always think they look so striking
in other people's gardens, but it's disappointing when they don't have
the perfume to match.

During the programme I resolved to get a cutting or two of the native
honeysuckle from a hedgerow plant and grow it over the fence in a
corner of our wild area.

Yes, it's lovely to see that one growing wild. It grows in hedgerows
here usually alongside dog roses and the whole effect is delightful.
Some of the colours of those at Roseland Nurseries were simply gorgeous.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com