Old 22-06-2014, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Aldi

On 2014-06-21 21:32:20 +0000, Judith in England said:

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 07:51:53 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:

snip

How about because the small nursery owner *could* sell bread or paint of they
wanted to?

I think we've already established that excessive regulation prevents that

Have we? Just because someone says it, does not make it true, Can you point
out what these regulations are please.

I can tell you, from personal experience, that running a business is
subject to innumerable rules nowadays. I have described some of them
and told this group that I have talked to relevant authorities. If you
refute this, it is up to you to prove your argument. Show us otherwise
please and demonstrate how you know this to be the case.

I have asked the question in the moderated legal group - and the consensus
there is that it is purely a planning matter.

What regulations do you think apply which prohibits you from having a shop at
the nursery (assuming that you just modify the planning application) and
selling more or less what you like?

It is of course impossible to prove that "no regulations apply" - but quite
easy to show that "these specific regulations apply : so could you say what
they are please.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to do your research for you. This
became a general discussion about what is and isn't permitted in *our*
catering establishment, not a shop which would invoke an entirely
different set of regulations, in which we're not interested. We don't
have a shop and we don't want one, so it's irrelevant to the issues
raised above. If you or anyone else run such a catering business and
want to add a shop to it, then I'm sure you'll find out the regs for
yourselves. Depending on what you decide to sell, your local authority
will tell you what safety or hygiene precautions have to be observed.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com