Old 22-06-2014, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default wild winds

bluechick wrote:
songbird wrote:
bluechick wrote:
George wrote:

George, who picked a peck of peppers yesterday and today.

You and songbird have been busier than the rest of us put together.

haha, noway! some days i'm getting less than
two hours of tasks done lately out in the gardens.

Yes, way! That's two hours more than we can do some days. We went
out to water the veggies and orchard this morning at 7 and to check
the new drip hose in the tomato bed. We decided to pick a few
blackberries from the bushes close to the garden as well. One hour
later we were both drenched in sweat and debilitated by the heat. By
8am it was unbearable. Summer is here on Saturday? Dagnabbit, I've
had enough of the heat already and am ready for fall again!

it was hot and a bit humid yesterday. the last
of the gardens planted (finally!). when i was
done, i was done for the day. supposedly today
will be a hair warmer. i'll be weeding, picking
some strawberries, thinning and transplanting
onions.

first though i have to wait for the fumes from
the neighbor spraying his corn field to blow
over.

might have to replant in some spots if the
critters don't let up on their harvesting rights.

Arg, I feel your pain. I'm battling some caterpillars in the tomato
bed now and something stealthy is munching on one of my peppers.

our critter challenges are more furred and four-
footed these days, the tomato worms come later in
late July and August. looks like if i want to keep
any crocuses at all i'll have to put them in cages
when i plant them.

do you have pans of water out for the animals?
sometimes they are chewing not for the nutrition
but for the water.

songbird