Old 23-06-2014, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] jmileman@googlemail.com is offline

Default Mulching Mowers

We'll be moving house shortly and going from a lawn the size of a postage stamp to something around a quarter of an acre. Whilst my little Black and Decker electric mower has done me proud for the last few years I don't think it's going to be up to the job at the new place. I quite enjoy mowing the lawn but I hate the hassle of disposing of the cuttings so am thinking that a mulching mower is the way forward.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a mulching mower given the following

1. Must be petrol and self propelled with a decent width (21" or over)
2. Lawn is flat and square (although I will probably put in some borders and beds so the shape is likely to change)
3. Not bothered about stripes
4. We have a 10 year old daughter so lawn will be a 'family' type not some perfectly manicured bowling green
5. Budget around £500

Cheers