Old 23-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Tractorboy Tractorboy is offline
Registered User

Default Automatic Irrigation

We both enjoy our garden but work means that it can go for weeks with little attention, then we set to it for a few days intensive weeding, planting, pruning and the rest!
Irrigation has always been a problem. It can go for days with none in the middle of hot dry spells and we come home to a sorry sight.
Recently we saw a Hozelock 20 pot irrigation system in a closing down sale at a very good price. We bought it, although we were a bit sceptical that pipe fittings that are just push fit into a roughly punctured hole would be watertight.
But we are amazed att the ease of installation and superb quality of the system. We now have our entire garden 'wired for water' The range of fittings is great - one for every situation. It's not cheap - but we've been picking up what we need on eBay for better prices than the high street. It really does work, and work well - something I'd thoroughly recommend to anyone who may not be at home frequently enough to keep their garden watered.