Old 23-06-2014, 08:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Guv Bob[_2_] Guv Bob[_2_] is offline

Default 5 Ways to Fix a Kink in a Hose

wrote in message ...
On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:54:47 PM UTC-4, Guv Bob wrote:

5. After trying 2-4, go back to number 1.

Guv Bob

I've enjoyed this post - not only reasonable, rational and true - but also funny!

And I have tried all of them - I go for the fattest gauge hose I can find at Home Depot (fire hose if I can get it) - that helps kinks not form to often or be too damaging when they do.

All my patched hoses are short, cut to various lengths for different things around the house. 6-8 years ago one of the neighbors decided to shoot off fireworks and one landed on the neighbors and bounced inside through his sliding door. Neighbor still does this starting July 1st until he runs out of fireworks. So I went out and bought a "good" hose long enough to reach around the house and inside all the room. That hose is still like new - don't remember the brand or type, but it's black, thicker than usual hoses and hasn't kinked so far. Cost was under $30.