Old 26-04-2003, 12:26 PM
David G. Bell

Default recording animal movement

On Friday, in article
"Brian H." wrote:

Guys,

Can you please explain why, in this day and age, you are
still using ancient ID methods ie tags ?

EU rules.

Surely ID implants are the way to go, simple,permanent,
easily read, cheap.ID chips implanted by "small animal"
vets average less than £20; a "package" deal would reduce the cost to what
?........£4/5 a head.

Just remember that it would be a bad idea for somebody to find the
implant in their Big Mac.

Years ago we used tattoo's, now tags, next implants,
c'mon....be brave....embrace the new technology, afterall
you found computers!!!!!!!!!

We eagerly anticipate the day that DEFRA's computer-using skill reaches
the level of "Mostly Harmless", but I'm not sure that the hardware they
run their systems on can last another 20 years.

"Let me get this straight. You're the KGB's core AI, but you're afraid
of a copyright infringement lawsuit over your translator semiotics?"
From "Lobsters" by Charles Stross.