Old 24-06-2014, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] brunnian@gmail.com is offline

Default Mulching Mowers

On Monday, June 23, 2014 9:16:01 PM UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Other people round by 'ere pay the council £35 to have a green wheely
bin emptied every couple of weeks in the summer.

PAY! Surely disposal of household waste is a cost than comes out of
your Council Tax. The only waste disposal we might(*) have to pay
extra for is "bulky items".

in South Kesteven Household waste is limited to one black landfill wheely bin per fortnight, and one grey recycling bin ditto. We are allowed overspill boxes on the recycling day, because they get a bung from the government the more stuff the "recycle". The limit on the black landful bin is absolute: if the lid is even slightly raised they won't take it at all.

Garden waste has never been permitted, even back in the halcyon days of the 1950s and Kesteven County council.

The green recycling bins were introduced a few years ago, and the contents are allegedly shredded and composted, though glod alone knows where. When "austerity" was introduced they slapped on an annual charge for it.

There is a local dump which also takes compostable material as one of the sorting options. It has been closed for 3 days a week to save money.