Old 24-06-2014, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Problems getting rid of grass clippings?

On 24/06/2014 19:41, David Hill wrote:
You think you have problems with removing cut grass?
This year has seen almost record grass growth here in South Wales
My Lawns got away from me and at last I have managed to get the grass
cut and carted, great job in this heat wave.
I've had problems with the cutter bar and have spent hours doing running
repairs, part of the problem is the vibration you get with a
reciprocating blade.
This is the machine I use
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps3f8f7e74.jpg

and this was part way through cutting
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps00167a40.jpg

5 very hefty loads well strapped down hauled off
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...pse515b29c.jpg

And this is the resulting heap
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psbadb89b1.jpg

This is the first year I've had hay fever, but I suppose that cutting
the grass in a cloud of pollen for several hours is bound to have an
effect.
Loads of seed come off the grass so a bit of rain and I'll have plenty
of fresh grass.
Now to take the cutter bar off the tractor and put the Rotavator on and
get to work on the field.
David @ a sweltering side of Swansea Bay

Good Heavens, David!, that's an enormous heap. I'm not surprised you
had hay fever .. it makes me feverish just looking at it! I bet you
won't leave it so long next time.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London