Old 25-06-2014, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default How to get rid of a rabbit?

On 25/06/2014 12:24, shazzbat wrote:

"Muddymike" wrote in message

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:12:27 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

Any advise on getting rid of a rabbit? The bloody thing has destroyed
most
of my roses!

Mike

Air-gun, then in a pie. Yummy!

No guns allowed with STWNFI around. I do have a cage trap but it catches
more black birds than rabbits. I have a sneaky feeling its actually the
same
stupid Black bird that keeps getting caught!

Any suggestions of a good bait?

Roses?

Steve

I use Carrots, Blackbirds are not interested in them, so have never
caught one. Cut the carrot into good sized pieces, place a couple
outside the trap gradually leading towards it, then one just inside and
finally one where a rabbit on it, or reaching for it, will spring the
trap. One good sized carrot should be enough for twice.