Old 25-06-2014, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] jmileman@googlemail.com is offline

Default Mulching Mowers

Thanks for the replys so far, just to give some feedback on what's been raised

1. Size of lawn is around 1/4 acre, total plot probably just over a 1/3

2. Did consider composting but even with a small lawn the amount of clippings generated seemed disproportionate to other material and think I would just end up with a slimey mess

3. Notts CC don't offer a garden waste service in the area I'm moving too. Surrey CC (where I am now) do do a garden waste collection but interestingly being Surrey it's double what others are charging at £70 pa

4. Have seen a Toro 20792 which seems like a possible. Only downside is that minimum cut height is 32mm which seems quite high. Don't know anything about Toro, are they a decent make ?

Cheers