Old 26-06-2014, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner Derek Turner is offline

Default OT web site question

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:58:55 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

I am about to add a video clip to my web site of the recent Gardeners
world clip, I already have an older clip on there, both work fine on my
computer -
But! I now have an Android tablet and I thought I would check it wasn't
to big a file for that, only to discover that both clips old and new
cause the tablet to go crazy opening hundreds of blank web pages. I
don't want to be annoying a lot of phone and tablet users (no one has
ever said anything) I am presuming I need to publish the video clips in
a different format but which one? and how best to go about it?

To answer the last question, upgrade (if you haven't already) to HTML5 and
just use the video tag.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_video.asp

you'll need a .mp4 and a .ogg version for each video to cover all
browsers. No need for plugins. As Peter Kay would say 'it's the future!'.