Old 26-06-2014, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT web site question

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:58:55 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

I don't want to be annoying a lot of phone and tablet users (no one has
ever said anything) I am presuming I need to publish the video clips in
a different format but which one? and how best to go about it?

div align="left"
See video clip from a href="Gorgeous%20Gardens_0003.wmv"
Westcountry
TV's Gorgeous/a Gardens
/div

You are just giving a link to the file, it's then up to the browser
to handle it. That might require the whole thing to be downloaded
before it starts playing, rather than just streaming it.

Video is not something I have dabbled with but the key words for
google are likely to be "embed video web page" sort of thing.

My Android tablet and default browser just offers me the choice to
download the video. 17 MB took a while to come down but played OK
once downloaded but not automagically or starting playing a second or
three after clicking on it like most other sites that stream their
content do.

I believe HTML5 and modern browsers made embeding content a lot
easier than it used to be. IIRC a HTML5 browser can play video
natively, ie without a "plug-in", just needs to be the right format.
GIYF again...

--
Cheers
Dave.