Old 26-06-2014, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default radishes

On 26/06/2014 19:22, Emery Davis wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 04:41:07 -0700, jeremy.sellars wrote:

why do my radishes only grow leaves, no radishes?

Don't know the answer, but the leaves make an excellent soup.

Also cook as spinach.

I would be inclined to wonder if the radish were sown to thick, they do
like a bit of space otherwise they fight for the light rather than
fattening up.
In the old days we would prepare the greenhouses ready to plant tomatoes
then broadcast Radish seed, rake it in and plant the tomato plants.
The radish would cover the cost of weeding and leave a profit as well.
David @ a damp side of Swansea Bay