Old 26-06-2014, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default plant ids please

On 26/06/2014 18:31, David Hill wrote:

On 2014-06-26 07:30:01 +0000, stuart noble said:

On 25/06/2014 21:53, David Hill wrote:
On 25/06/2014 12:21, stuart noble wrote:
Anyone any idea what these are? Unless they're suitable for a small
and
shady front garden I think they might have to go. Thanks for any
advice

http://tinypic.com/r/2lml8k1/8

First thoughts re right hand picture it could be a peris but you
should
have seen red young leaves and flowers rather like Lily of the Valley
The left havd one could be one of several, I'd leave it to grow on,
poss
thin out a few of the shoots.
David @ a still dry side of Swansea bay

Thanks. I'll take your advice (as usual). The occupants are
relatively new to the house so we don't quite know what's what yet

Always best to wait a year before dealing death and destruction in a
garden! I agree with the Pieris but could the other plant be a
Weigela or even a shrubby Lonicera, I wonder. It certainly doesn't
look like an undesirable.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

I think Philadelphus rather than weigelia

I'm undecided between Philadelphus and Deutzia
Some stems the leaves are uniformly opposite all the way along the stem
like a Deutzia, whilst on other stems the pairs of leaves alternate like
a Philadelphus.
Confusing.

I noticed today that the leaves are decidedly rough to the touch. Don't
know if that helps at all